Search This Blog

Sunday, September 9, 2012

Kat Stacks is Back

Picture courtesy of www.bossip.com


Well, she’s not really back, but she did do an interview with XXL magazine.  First of all, I have been wondering where this chick went.  Last I read about her, she was in jail waiting to get deported, and apparently, now she really is getting deported. 

XXLMag.com: For those that don't know, describe your situation for the past two years.

Kat Stacks: Well, I was going to the court for immigration and they had changed my court date to two days earlier without notifying me or my lawyer. So, they put that I didn't show and put out a warrant for deportation [to Venezuela]. But once I told them that they didn't notify me, they re-opened my case again. By the time they did that, I got apprehended at the airport in Nashville and they took me to the cell detention facility in Louisiana. They didn't give me a bond, so I had to fight my case there. The judge didn't like my Kat Stacks persona. He didn't like it at all. That's the reason he told me that I'm not allowed to stay in the country, even though I showed him evidence of underage sex trafficking and domestic violence. That's violating my freedom of speech and press rights. Now, I have to stay here and fight them back.


You changed your Twitter handle from @ihatekatstacks to @AdmireAndrea after your first name. When and why did you do that?

I decided to let the whole Kat Stacks name go, so when I'm outside, it's not, "It's Kat Stacks, bitch!" I wanted to come outside and be different. I left it at that @AdmireAndrea and I told the judge that I'm gonna let go of the Kat Stacks thing, but he didn't listen.

You're saying you changed, but when you look back at all your videos, are you sickened by what you see?

Well, back then I wasn't capicitated back then. I was just messed up in the head and I just lashed out on hurt, on pain, on being mad. I just wasn't right back then. I just had gotten out of the pimp scene. I was in that scene since I was 14 years old. I didn't know any better. I didn't know anywhere else to go and WorldStar was just an open door for me not to be in the street working and getting beat up by a pimp. The father of my child is a pimp. I explained that to them. When I first got in there, I used to tweet about every little thing that gone on here and they used to get mad. They used to get really pissed! They used to harass me all the time.

How do you even manage to tweet, while in jail?

There's no Internet access here or anything. The person, who I'd like to remain anonymous, tweets for me. I have somebody who handles it.

When you were first incarcerated, did your reputation precede you? Did everyone know who you were and did your persona create problems?

Well, it created problems because of my Twitter page. One of the officers raped a transsexual and I tweeted about it. I tweeted about the Haitians going on a hunger strike because immigration wouldn't release them. One of them had to get 14 stitches. They didn't like that because the place was under investigation. They were like, "You need to stop tweeting about that if you want to see your son again." They always, touched me looking for a cell phone and even strip-searched me when they weren't supposed to. They kept harassing me. They even took my letters too.

Has any rapper actually come to your defense during this time?

Not at all. They just be like, "Free Kat Stacks" if anything. The only person who actually came out to help with my court issues from the heart was MIMS.

You known him before?

Yes. We weren't even that close and he came to help me. That made me see a different light. The people that I was outside with all the time, everybody, they just tweet me and that's it. They don't write or visit me. I needed letters to give to the judge, saying that everything I did outside was for publicity, and they all said they'd write letters and never did. The only one who did was Mims. I was really surprised.

You been called disparaging every name in the book. What do you want people to know about you then and now?

Well, back then, just like my psychologist said...I suffered from post-traumatic stress disorder because of what happened in my childhood and that's what started the whole Kat Stacks character. Now, that my head is right and I know better now, things have changed. I was young then. Everybody deserves a second chance and the government won't give it to me. It's not right. People will see a different side now. If they're going to persecute me for being Kat Stacks then they should persecute rappers for their lyrics and what they do in the videos.

Looking back, does any of your old videos and behavior embarrass you?

Well, kinda...yes and no. I stood up for women. I just did what most men out there and most rappers rap about, "Hoes this and spending money." When I did that, people thought it was wrong. I felt like I just stood up for what I believe in. I didn't know any better. You can't change the past, you can only make the future better.
You can read the rest of the interview here XXLMag.com.  Personally, I hope this chick gets her stuff together.  I am kind of one of the believers that the whole Kat Stacks persona was all an act, an act that went wrong, but an act nonetheless, and that she was hired by record companies to put their rappers in the news.  But who knows.


No comments:

Post a Comment